The Swiss Holiday Park operates its own water supply and sets itself the goal of reducing water consumption by 2% each year. For example, waterless urinals are operated, water-saving shower heads are used in the hotel rooms and WC flushing systems are used that have a low water consumption. Water consumption has been reduced by more than 20% over the past 10 years, despite expanded offerings and rising overnight stays.
The bottling of own drinking water is another sub-project of the sustainability strategy of the Swiss Holiday Park. This saves a lot of grey energy. The self-designed glass bottles not only look nice, they can also be reused. The spring is located on the premises of the Swiss Holiday Park and the water can be called healthy water.
Technical structure of our water supply Axenfels
Enriching water with fruit
Sometimes it is a bit boring to drink only water without taste. But if you want to avoid sugary water, we recommend enriching your water with ripe fruits, vegetables or herbs. Served in beautiful carafes, the water not only looks nice, but is also delicious, healthy and contains many vitamins. Even kids love to create their own blend. Try it out and experiment. Soon you too will have your favorite drink and there will be no need for store-bought vitamin drinks, heavily sweetened iced teas or soft drinks.
Here are a few tips:
- A true detox water: put cucumbers, lemons and fresh peppermint in a carafe with water and let it steep for a few hours.
- Citrus fruits like oranges and lemons are great, even in combination with other fruits.
- Peaches, apricots, nectarines with some peppermint
- Cucumber with watermelon
- Add various berries, peppermint and a wedge of lemon to a carafe of water and let steep.
- Chop vegetables, fruit and fresh herbs to taste, add to a carafe of water and let steep.
- Grapefruit, rosemary and lemon
- Ginger, lemon and honey (to enjoy cold or hot)
- Lavender, sage, tarragon, thyme, basil, but also chives and parsley are suitable for perfuming your own creations.
- You like it a little sweet? Honey helps!
- Choose an ordinary tea as a base (green tea, black tea, herbal tea, etc.)
- Puree fruits and herbs, strain the pulp and dilute with water.