Tip: If you are holidaying in Switzerland, remember that the weather can vary greatly and pack enough clothes for all weathers. Ask at your hotel if you can wash on site or if there is a laundry service. Then you won't need to take as much with you.
- Bodysuits + rompers
- T-shirts, shorts or dresses
- Comfortable clothes (tracksuit etc.)
- Sweatshirts, sweaters, long pants, jackets
- Sturdy shoes, sandals, slippers
- Rainwear, rubber boots
- Cap or hat and scarves
- Swimwear (if at the lake or with indoor pool)
- Water wings (if not available at the hotel)
- Swim diaper (if not available at the hotel)
Babies and small children should be protected from the sun. Remember that the sun is also very intense in the mountains.
- Sun protection for the car windows (if you are travelling by car).
- Possibly a parasol if you are planning a beach holiday.
- Sun hat
- Sun creams, for children there are special ones with a high sun protection factor
- lotion for after sunbathing
- Possibly UV-protective clothing
- Take enough drinks with you
- Snacks for the hunger in between
- Favourite cuddly toy
- Music CDs, DVDs for when you are out and about
- Spare nappies and wet wipes
- Crayons and colouring books
- Space saving games
For longer trips, we recommend that you take breaks at least every two hours so that the kids can get some exercise. This will make the trip less stressful.
Only take medication with you that you already know. If necessary, consult your doctor. If your children suffer from allergies or illnesses, take enough medication with you that the doctor has prescribed. Find out at the holiday resort where the nearest doctor/hospital is in case your child is injured or falls ill during the holiday. The receptionists at the hotels will be happy to help you.
- Clinical thermometer
- Disinfectant and ointment
- Plaster, bandage
- Tea or medicine against diarrhoea, constipation
- Tick tongs
- Cooling pad
- Anti-inflammatory ointment for insect bites, possibly also insect repellent
- Nasal spray
- Medicine against sore throat
Every pharmacy will be happy to put together your personal first-aid kit.
- Give apartment or room keys to family/friends or neighbours for emptying letterboxes (protection against burglars) and watering flowers.
- Find out if there is a supermarket nearby for items you have forgotten at home or need to buy. There is a shop in the Swiss Holiday Park and supermarkets in nearby Brunnen and Schwyz and the Mythen Center, a large shopping centre.
Let us inspire you
Tell us what interests you and be inspired by our suggestions